Minimise waste at your public events in the region
As region we are committed to reducing the amount of waste going to landfill by putting in place organics, glass and recycling stations at public events. As a community we are all responsible and can all play a part in the minimisation and correct diversion of waste produced at events.
Councils can provide support and advice on how to run a Zero Waste Event through:
· Advice on site planning, waste station set up (as pictured above) as well as health and safety
· Support and advise on the collection and disposal of recycling, glass and organics by contractors
· Provide waste infrastructure including zero waste signage, bin wraps and lids
· Advise on the sorting of waste streams by zero waste volunteers thus creating an effective waste minimisation plan
For more information about how each district can support your local event speak to your local district council directly for their terms and conditions. See email links below.
New Plymouth District Council (NPDC)
NPDC require your organisation to submit a Waste Minimisation and Management Plan that will be reviewed and approved. Approval for events must be obtained within 15 working days prior to the event being held as part of the application process. Larger events may require a longer application process.
- Subject: Zero waste events 2020
For information regarding zero waste events and support in other districts please contact:
South Taranaki District Council (STDC)
Stratford District Council (SDC)
Find local options for donating, recycling and disposing your items safely and correctly.